a touch of citrus
Citrus is such a beautiful winter fruit that offers a bright pop and a fragrant accent throughout yoru home. Use dried citrus to create a garland by stringing slices together using a needle and twine or hang them individually with an ornament hook. Citrus slices can also be layered in a bowl for a full, abundant holiday table look.
HOW TO DRY CITRUS
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Thinly slice oranges (or any citrus of your choice.) We chose blood oranges for their depth of color.
- Pat orange slices dry to eliminate as much moisture as possible.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lay orange slices flat and in a single layer.
- Bake for 5-8 hours until oranges are dry. Rotate your baking sheet a few hours into the process to ensure even drying. Oranges are done when they are no longer sticky to the touch.
- After the holidays, store in a cool, dry, airtight container.
Your dried oranges will last for two to three years!